SHORE UP! welcomes short-term and long-term volunteers. We will make every effort to match you with the most suitable volunteer position.
Please fill out the employment application but indicate that you wish to volunteer and what type of volunteer work you would like to do. Please be aware of the fact that some volunteer positions require fingerprinting or other measures. Also, please keep in mind that all volunteers must keep any information about SHORE UP! clients strictly confidential. Thank you.
Some sample tasks for volunteers:
- Answering phones
- Clerical work
- Serving as a receptionist
- Watching toddlers
- Helping out with children in the classroom (reading to them, playing with them, etc.)
- Helping out with children on school buses
- Working on SHORE UP! publications
- Publicity and outreach work
- Helping with tax preparation program (training provided)
For more information about volunteering for SHORE UP!, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.