SHORE UP! Inc. offers free tax preparation services through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) for individuals and families with incomes less than $56,000. All returns must have an IRS Intake/Quality Review Form. There are two locations for free tax preparation: Wicomico County at SHORE UP! Inc., 500 Snow Hill Road, Salisbury MD. An additional location is in Somerset County on the campus of the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Preparation takes place in the Upward Bound Meeting Room on the second floor of the Student Development Center, Princess Anne, MD.
Interested in saving some of your refunds? Ask your tax preparer about our Save Your Refund campaign. A minimum savings of $50 will get you entered to win up to $10,000. Our VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program) volunteers will also obtain your contact information if you’re interested in having your credit report pulled. There is also an opportunity for credit improvement through coaching, and/or connections with other services that Shore Up! Inc. offers. (Would like to include a logo link to SaveYourRefund)
Schedule your appointment today!
Include the phone number to schedule appointments, hour information and our 2 locations for tax preparation. This would also include links to Google Maps for the locations and the .pdf of the General Flyer.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Valid Photo Identification (Driver’s License, State Identification, Employment ID)
- Original or copy of Social Security cards for all individuals on the tax return
- All tax documents
- If child care has been paid for by taxpayer(s), bring (Child Care Provider Name/Company Name; Address; Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number of the provider)
- Medical insurance documents if obtained through Affordable Care/Obamacare
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Bank name, routing number and account number if you would like to utilize Direct Deposit/Withdrawal